Saturday, September 20, 2008

Welcome to Alaska, Day 1






C-2: I love you my main man
K-2: I love you 583,697
C-3 I love you the most,most,most
K-3 I'm gonna get ya then I'm gonna Kiss ya. I love you,love you,love you


Day 1: We arrived at 1:50. 40 minutes early. They said we had a tail wind. As we flew thru the clouds during the descent, I thot it was foggy but what I was seeing were the snow covered mountains. The 19 yr old soldier sitting next to me was even more excited to see it than I was.
It was amazing. As we flew over the coastline, the waves from the ocean were coming up over the beach--but instead of leaving sand, it was ice. Beautiful.

The weather is cold, well not really, but it isn't Oklahoma that is for sure. It was 50 when we arrived and misty, making if feel cooler. By 5:30 it was almost dark.

The most traumatic event of the day:
Brenda: when I got locked in the toilet in the "small,tiny" jet on the way to Salt Lake. Fortunately Mike was standing right outside the door when I panicked and
started banging on the door.
Mike: When the flight attendant dropped a 2'ltr bottle of water and spilled it all over
his pants

The most exciting: I don't have a most exciting today, cause it was all so very exciting. However, I haven't scouted out Sarah Pallin yet. I will be in her home town one day this week. Do you think I might see her at Wal-Mart (not)

The trees here are gorgeous. Now I don't know my trees, but there are two kinds that are beautiful One looks like blue spruce. The other looks like the Colorado Aspens in their fall colors. Gorgeous.

They love their bears here especially the brown. There are two in the lobby. By the way, they are stuffed. I feel very safe and secure with them there One is standing and is about 10 ft. tall. His head touches the ceiling.

I am going to try to send some pix. Don't panic if they are not there. The only thing worse than my photography is my technological skills. But I will try.

1 comment:

The Anderson Zoo said...

From C-2 - I love you where ever we go.

From K-2 - I love you 200 and 1000

From C-3 - I love you love you love you love you so much.

From K3 - I love you Nana.

Thanks for the posts. I bet the sight of dad was funny. Have fun. Talk to you later.